Well, after devoting much of my weekend to it, my Double Irish Chains quilt is all but finished. Phew! All I have to do, as you can see from the pic below, is hand sew the binding - the perfect project for those lazy days of my New Hampshire holiday next week. A rare spot of sunshine demanded that I take this photo in the front 'garden'. There were a few miscalculations along the way, as well as a couple of unfortunate fabric mis-cuts due to sheer exhaustion, but eventually, I got there. I briefly contemplated free machine quilting when I'd gotten the quilt sandwich put together, but I quickly ruled that out in respect for my sanity. Instead, I followed the chains themselves, quilting diagonal lines in an unobtrusive cream thread. The effect, I think, is perfect, as the diagonals emphasise and draw attention to the chains while still giving the eye a little something to work with in the large cream-coloured patches of fabric. A glimpse of the back For the ...
Love that elephant print. Can't wait to see what you are up to.
ReplyDeleteOoh I cannot wait to see how you put those blocks together. Di x
ReplyDeleteHooray for sewing time! Jxo
ReplyDeleteWell done for getting sewing again. The baby quilt looks lovely. Are you going to quilt it zig zag too?
ReplyDeleteHow lovely this little quilt will be! Well done for indulging in a little sewing therapy.
ReplyDeleteGrt you have had the chance to sew...Tina was really interested to hear bout your sour dough starter...have you made bread yet...have just indulged in Paul Hollywoods bread book which has inspired me no end x
ReplyDelete