Goodness me!

I couldn't believe it when I looked at the list of my blog posts and realised that the last time I posted was back on 24 June! There's been a lot going on since then, not least the end of my maternity leave (*sob*), my return to work, and baby G's introduction to creche. Fortunately, she loves it (maybe a little too much!), and, though I miss her, I'm enjoying being back and work and doing 'adult' things during the day! With that and the unusually sunny summer weather we've been having for the past couple of weeks across Ireland, I've accomplished next to nothing at my sewing machine. In fact, I don't really have any projects on the go at the moment, except a couple of blocks I've promised to Sarah for the Siblings Together quilt she's putting together. They're not due until the end of October, so they're exactly the kind of commitment I can handle at the moment! I've pulled out a few swathes of fabric to start and am looking forward to making my first Churn Dash blocks.


In other news, I gifted the little baby quilt I showed you glimpses of last month to very appreciative, if exhausted, new parents. Typically, in the excitement of meeting their little bundle of joy, I forgot to take a picture of the quilt in its entirety, but I'll see if I can't procure one when they've settled into family life a bit more. No more babies to quilt for at the moment, or friends getting married in the near future, so I'm actually kind of at a loss about what to make now! I've been percolating a few ideas for baby G, who's now almost 7 months old, sitting on her own, having fun experimenting with solids, and going crazy with the two tiny teeth that have made their appearance in the past couple of weeks! But, sewing will be on the long finger while the sun is here... gotta take advantage of it while it lasts!! 

xx Tina

P.S. I'm now using Bloglovin for my daily blog fix, which means that you can follow me on Bloglovin, too (once I've pasted the following html into a post, that is!)
 <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/5565829/?claim=9t8243ty8by">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

  1. Glad you are finding your way around the new routines with work and your little miss. Absolutely no sewing should take place while there is vitamin d pouring from the sky! It could be 12- 24 months before you see it again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fabulous Fabric-y Fun this Saturday

Almost there...

Almost there!