Saturday night craftalong

This weekend was the first in a long time that we didn't have visitors or weren't ourselves away, and it was such a luxury to be at home with nothing much to do! We had glorious weather, so we spent a lot of quality family time outside, soaking up the sun. Otherwise, I had zero plans beyond relaxing and recouping from the past few weeks of visiting and entertaining, so I was glad to have some hand sewing at the ready for a cozy evening on the sofa on Saturday. I've been following the Saturday Night Craftalong hosted by Lucy of Charm About You on Instagram for a while now but never had the chance to participate, so this seemed like the perfect time to join in with my teeny, tiny hexies. Just for fun, I started sewing them into multi-coloured daisies.



When I wound up for the evening, I had a pile of zany and colourful mini flowers.




I'm still not quite sure what I'll do with these, but it occurred to me that I might be able to use them in combination with my scrappy quarter log cabin blocks for a little variety. The log cabins are so bright and busy that I'm a little worried a whole quilt of them would be overwhelming. A few low volume blocks with appliqued EPP daisies would help break things up while still maintaining the crazy, scrappy theme. What do you think?

xx Tina


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, the places you'll go!

Hello, world!

Accountability