Sheet Shopping

I've spent the last couple of weekends scouring the local charity shops in search of more vintage sheets for round 2 of the UK and Ireland Vintage Sheet Fat Quarter Swap, and I'm delighted with my finds! Every shop I've popped into has yielded at least a pillow case or two, so I've got quite a selection for my stash and a few for the swap as well. ;) I've decided to send in fifteen fat quarters, which means that I'll get a different set of fifteen back, at which point I think I'll have enough to embark on a large scale patchwork project like Judith's great charm squares quilt. Yay!


The night-time photo doesn't do justice to these sheets, especially that pink 70s retro floral number in the top row, but I think these will find good homes with other vintage-sheet lovers.

Speaking of photos - does anyone have tips on taking photos for blogs? My photos always seem a bit dark, wonky, and out of focus! Part of that, I know, is because I usually take my photos with phone or ipad (often with a busy baby grabbing at me and/or said electronic!). If you blog and post photos on your blog, what's your preferred photo-taking method? And, what are your tricks and tips for producing bright, clear, and visually interesting photos?

Bucketing rain here, as it promises to do for much of the weekend. But, on the plus side, it was bright here until 5:30 this evening... a grand aul stretch! 

xx Tina 

P.S. Sarah has finished the Siblings Together quilts, and they look gorgeous! (My blocks found their way into the second quilt pictured in this post.) Well done, Sarah!

Comments

  1. Great haul of vintage goodness. And I'm afraid I just use my phone for photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done well on the vintage sheet front. I am having trouble getting any at the moment. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! So glad you spotted your blocks. The quilts will be so good for the summer camps.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello, world!

Oh, the places you'll go!

Almost there...